Global Mobility Coordinator
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. We are looking for a Senior Consultant within our People Advisory Services Integrated Mobility team, primarily Assignment Services.
As the world continues to be impacted by globalization, demographics, technology, innovation and regulation, organizations are under pressure to adapt quickly and build agile people cultures that respond to these disruptive forces. EY People Advisory Services believes a better working world is helping our clients harness their people agenda — the right people, with the right capabilities, in the right place, for the right cost, doing the right things.
We are looking to hire a talented mobility tax specialist to join our team as a Senior Consultant. In your role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Act as the primary contact for HR and client stakeholders regarding the administration of their global mobility program
- Administer pre-departure, on-assignment and repatriation processes
- Preparation and review of assignment documentation, including contracts, balance sheets and cost estimates
- Lead client mobility projects such as Cost of Living reviews
- Act as a point of contact for expatriates, including conducting assignment briefings covering assignment compensation/benefits, relocation logistics and flexing to expatriates needs, as required
- Manage multiple vendor relationships to ensure services are provided with defined service level agreements
- Work effectively as a team member - sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
You may also have an interest in developing your career across our broader New Zealand Integrated Mobility team in some of the following areas:
- Support with consulting projects across Oceania to assist clients in optimising their mobility program
- Participate in Global Mobility tax engagements and provide assistance with coordinating cross border income tax advice, individual tax compliance, pre-departure and repatriation tax planning, and hosting client meetings across the EY Global Network.
- Participate in Global Immigration engagements and provide assistance with coordinating the delivery of immigration services across the EY Global Network.
- Support clients with research and drafting of broad personal income tax and employment tax advice including PAYE, Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT), ACC, KiwiSaver etc
- Contribute to client projects, supporting EY’s Managers and Partners along with the HR teams and Executives
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience in providing global mobility policy and process advice, applying technical knowledge to situations clients are facing
- Experience with managing vendors and expatriates
- Experience working within an in-house or outsourced global mobility program or a relocation provider
- Understanding of tax, social security and immigration risks associated with global mobility
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work both autonomously and as part of a team across a global network of EY firms, clients and relocating employees
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- A demonstrated and high focus on attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal
- Excellent time management capabilities
- A relevant degree in Business, HR, Law or Accounting with strong academic credentials