'Social Media Nomad' for a Dream Job Down Under
Who we are and what we do
Deel is a global team that helps businesses hire anyone, anywhere, easily. Deel consists of more than a thousand self-driven individuals spanning over 75 countries. Our unified yet diverse culture keeps us continually learning and innovating the Deel platform and our products for customers.
Companies should be able to hire the best talent anywhere in the world, so we are building the best platform to make that a reality. Our market-leading technology, expertise, and global team are crucial to the success of Deel’s platform. We deliver the best products and platform features in our space, enabling millions of jobs worldwide and connecting the global workforce with the best companies and opportunities.
Why should you be part of Deel's success story?
A 30-mile hiring radius should no longer dictate how companies hire because great talent lives everywhere. Deel sees a world without hiring borders and endless talent that pairs perfect candidates with great companies.
We offer global teams all the tools they need to hire, onboard, manage, pay, and scale at full speed. We aim to foster a diverse global economy by building a generational platform that seamlessly connects companies with talent worldwide.
After our successful Series D last year, we raised another $50M this May, doubling our valuation to $12B. There’s never been a more exciting time to join Deel — the market leader in international payroll and compliance.
About the job:
Besides being the best job in the world for a world-traveling, content-creating, wanderlust-loving human? As Deel’s first Social Media Nomad, you’ll earn a competitive salary and get your hands (literally) on the wheel of the Deel Mobeel.
Fill up the tank to visit Wellington, the most southern capital, and be the first to see the day begin. Travel Australia’s “90-Mile Straight” and even dig your toes into Jervis Bay’s world’s whitest sand. Try spotting a kea, the world's only alpine parrot, or stare in awe at the splendour that is Uluru. Plus, catalogue some of the half a million different species of the world’s weirdest wildlife on the planet.
Tourism teams in New Zealand and Australia recently launched campaigns totalling over $45 million to attract travellers to spend their holidays Down Under. And now, we’re recruiting for someone to work there. Could it be you?
If you’re ready to live the van life while working from anywhere across New Zealand and Australia’s diverse landscapes, then this could be the job for you.
We’re looking for someone to join the Deel team for six months to showcase the ins and outs of working from wherever. We’ll do what we do best, like handle your contractor processes and perks and get you paid, and in return, you’ll document life on the road working, exploring, and trying new things - it's a pretty sweet gig.
What you'll do:
- Regularly create and upload content related to your van journey on your own and Deel’s social platforms
- Demonstrate the wide range of capabilities available in the Deel platform, including what it’s like to work and get paid through Deel
- Host meetups with other remote workers and interview with Deel clients for testimonials
A few key qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience as a social media manager, influencer, or brand ambassador
- Strong English speaking and writing capabilities
- An ability to manage priorities and switch focus accordingly
- A love for learning new things and sharing that information with others
- A driver’s permit and passport (you know, legal things)
And we’d especially love to speak with you if you have:
- A special connection with the regions, be it ancestors or a love of the land. We’ll even accept Lord of the Rings superfans
- Created content for cross-cultural audiences
- Strong relationship-building skills
- A desire to live and breathe the new future of working from wherever
- Never backed into a car in a parking lot
At Deel, you’ll enjoy:
- $5,000 NZD (over $3,400 USD) a month to create content and be the face of the Deel Mobeel while enjoying everything Australia and New Zealand have to offer, accessible via your Deel account and Deel Card
- A fully furnished sleeper van with all the necessities for the duration of your trip to the islands down under
- An all-expense paid flight to New Zealand and from Australia
- A weekly stipend for things like food, gas and parking
- Flexible working hours to be discussed with your Deel manager
- All things visa and work approval, handled by Deel
Our workforce deserves fair and competitive pay that meets them where they are. With scalable benefits, rewards, and perks, our total rewards programs reflect our commitment to inclusivity and access for all.
At Deel, you’ll enjoy:
- A laptop required for this position will be delivered to your door and any items you want among a selection of remote-working equipment for a total value of 330 USD (to be ordered through our service provider)
- Stock grant opportunities for new hires, promotions, performance, and refresh
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Parental leave
- $100 per month Health and Wellness budget
- $30 per month Learning and Development budget
- Choose where you work with FlexWork. Work from your home, the beach, a Deel office, or the WeWork global membership program.
At Deel, we're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.