Our purpose at Gallagher is ‘Protect what matters most’ and we live it every day. Not only does our technology protect some of the world’s highest security environments and agriculture businesses but our purpose also means we care deeply about our people and their families. With operations in New Zealand, Australia, Asia, Africa, USA, Canada, the UK and Europe and exports to over 130 countries, we provide our employees unrivalled globally focused career pathways.
Our culture is entrepreneurial in spirit, complex, challenging and ever changing. We have a strong focus on keeping up to date with technology and industry trends through mentoring, regular knowledge sharing seminars, conferences, and by working alongside customers who encourage us to push the boundaries every day.
We’re looking for a passionate Senior Developer with 5+ years of industry experience to join our Enterprise Security Application Development squads. These squads are highly responsive to customer needs, fast paced and creative, and are focused on re-imagining how we deliver value to our large number of Enterprise customers.
We have a strong vision for the future and a drive to continually refresh the technology stack and architecture of our product to ensure long-term success for customers and ourselves.
Our software has won multiple global awards, and we’re continuing to trail-blaze, transitioning our on-premises application into the cloud, reinventing as we go. You will be part of this journey and opportunities will be available to those who are interested in growing their Cloud based development skills.
We work in a highly collaborative environment and believe in everyone having a voice. We have a strong focus on keeping up-to-date with technology and industry trends through mentoring, regular development seminars, conferences, and working alongside customers who encourage us to push the boundaries every day.
As part of #TeamGallagher you will be
- A creative problem solver, prepared to lean into the unknown and open to new learning
- Someone who shares knowledge freely and cares about making things better
- Motivated to write commercial software with a focus on code longevity and quality, including automated unit testing
- Energised by solving the curliest problems and deeply understanding application logic
- Bachelor of Information & Communications Technologies or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 5 years commercial development experience
- C# and/or C++
- A mixture of desktop and cloud development
- SQL databases – PostgreSQL, SQL Server or similar
- Working in agile product-focused teams
- RESTful API development (highly desirable)
- Cyber Security best practice (highly desirable)
- Design/Architecture experience (highly desirable)
- DevOPs Skills (highly desirable)
What we offer
You’ll be joining a responsive future focused team with a supportive, flexible work culture. It’s the culture at Gallagher that results in 94% of our people saying they are proud to work here.
We care about supporting our people to grow and learn, so we host regular development seminars, our people attend conferences, and on the job we work with customers who encourage us to push the boundaries every day. We also offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunities, as well as company laptop
- Flexible working options including on-site or hybrid
- When you’re in the office, we have free parking, subsidised on-site café and great eateries nearby
- Access to our community giving programme, enabling you to do some volunteer work, ask Gallagher to donate to an organisation you’re involved in, or take part in a corporate challenge
- Career development opportunities (we are set to grow!)
If you want to join a family-oriented environment, described by one of our software team leaders as one where “your point of view is respected and listened to and you can really have an impact” then come and talk to us.
We’ll be shortlisting and interviewing candidates as soon as applications are received. We look forward to hearing from you.