Senior Civil Structural Designer
As the Senior Civil Structural Designer with GRIT Engineering, you will work with an awesome team to produce fit-for-purpose engineering solutions for our clients. Support continuous improvement and help ensure GRIT is always at the forefront of technology and design delivery. This is a great opportunity to join a team that loves a challenge. Base yourself in Auckland or Northland… the lifestyle is up to you!
GRIT Engineering are driven to understand clients’ infrastructure challenges and to provide smart, practical, and fit for purpose solutions (smart, safe, sustainable, durable, economic, you name it). The team are all about adding value in their areas of expertise and walk the talk every time. Do you have what it takes to join us?
- Develop designs and documentation from concept through to detailed design using 2D/3D design software.
- Apply your strong AutoCAD and modelling skills to help the team produce quality drawings models and images.
- Work collaboratively with the Engineering & Design team on civil/structural design projects.
- Prepare drawing register, design drawings and material take-offs.
- Assist with quality assurance activities for design deliverables.
- Support and drive continuous improvement and help to ensure GRIT is always at the forefront of technology.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in an Engineering Consulting environment.
- Minimum of 2+ years New Zealand design/draughting experience.
- Civil Engineering qualification (BE or Technical Diploma).
- Ability to demonstrate and provide examples of experience with concrete and steel structures.
- Industrial civil/structural design experience.
- Civil engineering design experience – Pavements, drainage, piling etc.
- Mechanical or piping design experience is a bonus.
- Established knowledge of New Zealand material standards and processes, including NZS 3404 & 3010.
- Good communicator, relationship builder and team player.
- Have a sense of humour, an appetite for fun and a laugh along the way.
- Excellent organisational skills with a keen eye for detail.
Click Apply or to find out more, contact Fiona Clarke on 027 688 8887
Applications Close on 17 March. We encourage you to apply promptly as we will assess applications as they are received.
If you are a Lead Civil Structural Designer, we want to talk to you today, call Fiona for more information.
GRIT Engineering Limited has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.