Principal/Headmaster, Medbury School
- Unlocking every boy’s potential
- Leading Independent Boys Preparatory School
- Christchurch, New Zealand
Medbury Preparatory School aims to be recognised by parents and educators as one of Australasia’s leading preparatory schools for boys. We seek to unlock every boy’s potential through personalised learning programmes and world class delivery of the curriculum. Medbury has a roll of 420 students and its talented staff deliver quality education from Years 1 to 8 for both day students and boarders. We offer boys an education that equips them for life in the 21st century and provides an invaluable foundation for their journey through life. Our motto ‘Play the Game’ is an important feature of Medbury daily life; it sets the standard for behaviours and attitudes in class, in extra-curricular activities and beyond the school gate.
The Medbury School Trust Board is seeking a strategic, inspirational and experienced educational Head with a passion for independent boys’ education to lead Medbury into its second century. The Principal/Headmaster will preserve and enhance the traditions and spirit of the School whilst ensuring the ongoing delivery of quality, future-focused learning and teaching. Ongoing curriculum development, campus development, organisational capability building, the 2023 centenary celebrations, and diversity of learning formats are key features for the School. Maintaining and enhancing relationships with students, staff, parents/whānau, old boys, other independent and state schools, and the wider Ōtautahi Christchurch community are central to the role.
Applicants will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Proven ability to inspire, lead, challenge, empower and develop staff and students.
- Senior leadership experience within a school setting.
- High academic achievement and pedagogical credibility.
- Commitment to the special character, values and traditions of the School.
- Highly developed relationship, communication and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities, be innovative and deliver to key strategic outcomes.
- An understanding of the commercial challenges of successful independent schooling.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and experienced educational leader to provide strategic leadership for the School as it enters its centenary year and builds on its reputation for providing quality learning to set boys up for life.
For further information on Medbury School, please visit their website; www.medbury.school.nz
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at [email protected]. A position description can be viewed and downloaded at www.eqiglobal.com.
Applications for the role close on Wednesday 24 August 2022. All applications will be acknowledged via email.