We’re an independent agency looking for a Creative Director.
With offices in Auckland, Sydney and London, we’ve grown like mad since launching in 2016.
We're led by our founders Sean Topham and Ben Guerin, and have no time for layers of bureaucracy.
We want to grow our current clients and win new ones by doing great work that gets results for our clients.
You’ll be a master of your craft, with the experience and vision to lead a superb team of creatives.
You’ll be up-to-the-minute in your knowledge of digital media.
You’ll present with aplomb, know your strategy, and get stuck in.
Up for it?
As Creative Director at TG you will:
- Develop ideas and concepts on national and global campaigns from brief to conception
- Identify and articulate project or client needs for the creative team
- Manage and oversee the creative direction for TG’s campaigns
- Own the creative process, from setting art direction, to leading on shoots, managing post productions and overseeing the design, copy and artworking process
- Lead brainstorms and team reviews to push for simple but innovative and relevant ideas
- Deliver innovative, creative and strategic responses to briefs, providing creative solutions
- Be responsible for having a clear sight across all creative work, providing constructive feedback to the creative team
- Prepare and deliver presentations on creative work for major accounts
- Present internally on department output and creative work.
- Contribute to TG’s leadership team, report on successes, opportunities and challenges.
- Develop a professional upskilling programme for team members in your department to ensure ongoing learning and innovation.
- Take ownership of the quality, accessibility and effectiveness of TG’s creative work.
- At least 7 years experience working as a creative within a relevant field, most recently as a Creative Director, Associate Creative Director or Art Director
- Creativity and adaptability to be able to conceptualise original and bespoke ideas
- First class written and oral communication and listening skills
- Proven experience working on creative projects that showcases your individual creative approach
- Extremely strong understanding of brand campaigns, commercial advertising, and digital advertising platforms
- Proven experience of end-to-end creative leadership across global campaigns
- Demonstrated progression within previous creative roles
- Previous experience at a management level in leading and supporting a creative team
- An eye for quality and exceptional attention to detail
- An entrepreneurial, proactive attitude and a willingness to learn and grow
- Commercial and budget awareness
- Enthusiasm and professionalism, with a strong interest in world issues, business and current affairs
- 5 weeks (25 days) annual leave per year + statutory UK (England and Wales) bank holidays
- 40 hours paid sick leave per year
- 3% pension contribution increasing to 4% after 12 months continuous service
- Private AXA health insurance including dental, optical, physio, and specialist cover
- Additional maternity benefits whether you're the primary or secondary caregiver
- MacBook Pro as your work computer
- Flexible working policy
- Work from home equipment provisioning in the event of lockdowns
- Professional development/training support
- Annual off site company retreat for 3+ days
A little more about us…
Our work is global. We've got bases in New Zealand, Australia and the UK, and we are growing fast.
But wherever in the world you join us, you'll find the same Kiwi spirit. We work hard (no clock-watching here).
We love the hustle and banter. We all have a sense of humour, which keeps everybody in check (and makes the annual retreat a bit of fun).
Crucially: we also respect and trust each other. So we're happy to offer flexible and remote working, as long as we're getting the job done. And we welcome ideas from everyone that can take TG in exciting new directions.
It means if you're good at what you do, you can make an impact here very quickly. And if you're a whip-smart professional looking to make your mark, we'd love to hear from you.