Wireless Power - Test and Automation Engineer
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Dynamic, resourceful people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here! The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it.
Together we build products and experiences people once could not have envisioned, and now cannot imagine living without. Do you want to join us in these pursuits?
Our team is a diverse collection of hardware, firmware and test engineers that are focused on developing wireless power technology for our products. Our goal is to integrate this technology and provide a seamless user experience for end users. Given the complexity and infinite possibilities of its use case, we work hand in hand with design engineers and automation team to achieve this.
If you are passionate about evaluation of new technology, conceptualising new test methodologies, and development of new products, you will fit right in. The aim is to develop, organise, design and implement methods of verification, validation and test that are essential throughout the entire design development cycle.
- 2-3 years experience in verification, validation and test environment
- Extensive experience in using Python, Matlab, C/C++ or equivalent.
- Background in designing, integrating and testing robotics systems is an advantage.
- Experience with automation infrastructure development (traceability, repeatability) and related tools (GIT, CI, database, issue tracking and reporting tools)
- Basic knowledge of Digital and Analog circuit design and circuit analysis.
- Basic knowledge of Switch Mode Power Supply, Inductive or Wireless Power Transfer.
- Self-starter and motivator with good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within various levels of the organisation.
- Ability to assess, recommend and make decisions based on data.
- Excellent organisational and documentation skills.
- Provide expertise in systems engineering and architecting test methodologies to enable verification and validation of design specs and requirements.
- Design and develop automation test solution hardware and software.
- Test process design, development and implementation.
- Perform experiment and test, analyse data, log issues and publish meaningful reports.
- Conduct FMEA on some areas of test processes and validation to identify design root causes of issues.
- Develop and participate in conceptualising test tools to effectively simulate user experience at any test phase during design development.
Bachelor of Engineering, Electrical, Power Electronics, or equivalent