Senior Mechanical Engineer - pathway to ownership
Dobbie is a multi-discipline, award-winning engineering consultancy, with a proud history of delivering superior engineering solutions to clients across New Zealand for over 30 years. With offices in Auckland and Rotorua we deliver to the Dairy, Food and Beverage, Energy, Geothermal, and Timber processing industries and are particularly proud of our innovative solutions to reduce our clients carbon footprints.
At the heart of our success lies a team of highly skilled and qualified engineers that operate in a high-performing culture. We value our people through fostering an atmosphere of professional respect organisation wide. We invest in our people with a range of in-house and formal training opportunities.
We care for our people through providing competitive and comprehensive compensation packages, that include health care cover and professional membership fees, along with regular opportunities to interact with one another in social settings. We support our people by mapping out a clear career progression and provide mentoring and support along agreed pathways.
This is a unique opportunity and we are looking for an outstanding professional who has strong experience in the areas that we operate in, or in plant design from conception, through to design and installation.
As such you will have:
- 6+ years’ experience in a Mechanical Design Engineer role
- A degree and/or masters in Mechanical Engineering
- You will be a Chartered Professional Member or the experience and skill set to become one
- Demonstrate successful experience in 360-degree project management of a wide range of technically challenging existing and new projects
- Demonstrate your ability to work with both key internal and external stakeholders from initial design to site management
- A passion and proven experience for mentoring both Graduate and Intermediate level Engineers
- You will have the technical expertise to review designs from other Engineers projects
- High level of emotional intelligence (EQ) that allows you to develop successful and lasting relationships with customers, peers and members of your team
We are offering the right individual a pathway to Senior leadership and ownership within our organisation. This role is based at our Rotorua office so relocation support will form part of a comprehensive salary package. You must be located in New Zealand, and while we value collaboration and team work on-site, flexible working arrangements can be negotiated.
For further information, or to discuss this opportunity informally and with confidence please contact, Pip Callec - +6421449024