Regional Head of Marketing - Americas
- Los Angeles Based
- Full time, Permanent
Tourism New Zealand is a well-respected leader in destination marketing. Our purpose is to enrich Aotearoa New Zealand, and all who visit. We promote the 100% Pure New Zealand brand to the world, attracting people to visit our beautiful country, the ultimate destination. As a global organisation we have a very important role, to accelerate tourism’s recovery and transition to a more sustainable, productive, and inclusive future.
What will you be doing / Ngā whainga
As the head of consumer marketing for the Americas region, you will lead a high performing and passionate consumer marketing team. You will own the development of the consumer strategy for the region across owned, earned and paid which includes content development, media programs and PR activity. You will also oversee insights and all consumer initiatives for the market.
This role will leverage the skills and knowledge within the Marketing team across the region and flex resources to capitalise on opportunities or manage pressure points, which enable the delivery of strategic goals. You’ll work closely with the Americas Trade team to ensure a well-coordinated and integrated approach.
What you will need | Ngā pūkenga mō tēnei tūranga
- Experienced senior brand leader with in-depth experience leading and delivering cross-platform consumer marketing campaigns with impactful and engaging content ideally within a global organisation.
- Able to demonstrate strong strategic agility and creative thinking.
- Experience overseeing Media and PR agencies will be essential along with established relationships and a robust understanding of the media landscape.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Māori culture is an integral part of New Zealand and of Tourism New Zealand, therefore a willingness to discover and embrace Te Ao Māori including basic Tikanga and Te Reo Māori will be essential.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in US as well as the ability to travel internationally.
Sound like you | Māu rānei
This is a great senior marketing leadership opportunity for someone with an innovative and creative approach, who thrives on being bold and delivering extraordinary work, and who has a track record in leading high performing marketing and PR teams.
Join a global leader in destination marketing and become part of a fun, global whānau (family) who have shared goals of enriching Aotearoa NZ, industry and manuhiri (visitors) and taking the 100% Pure New Zealand brand to the world.
Come join us | Hono mai ki a mātou
Our Santa Monica based team embraces a hybrid working arrangement, which means they balance time in the office and working from home.
Applications close: Monday 25th September COB LA time.
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Please send us your resume and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted on-line through the Tourism New Zealand careers website.