Investment Director - United Kingdom
- Autonomy to drive initiatives in a fast paced environment, build networks and identify pipeline.
- A diverse and inclusive culture focused on holistic wellbeing and lifelong learning.
- Growing a more productive, inclusive and sustainable New Zealand.
This role is based in London
Who we are: Ko Te Taurapa Tūhono tēnei
New Zealand Trade & Enterprise (NZTE) is a New Zealand government agency with a core purpose: growing companies internationally - bigger, better and faster for the good of New Zealand.
We are based in 54 offices around the world. We work in 42 International markets and have 200 private-sector partners, as well as a global network including thousands of business connections, influencers, and friends of New Zealand. Our global presence delivers unique value to businesses through our collective insight, wisdom, and experience. We understand the dynamics of our international markets and build influential networks within them.
What you will be doing: Te whakamahere
A critical part of the International Investment Leadership team, you’ll be responsible for the United Kingdom Investment strategy and leading its related activities across the region. In this sole-charge position, you will utilise your commercial nous, deep knowledge of eco-system and networks within the UK Investment to attract Foreign Direct Investment into New Zealand. You will be focused on cultivation and creation of current and new investor networks, investment pipeline and successful deal outcomes. Your key customers will be UK based strategic multinationals, financial investors and private investors and you will also work with New Zealand growth companies and stakeholders.
You will be well-connected, motivated to undertake business development and have a strong ability to capitalise on opportunities. With knowledge of New Zealand industry sectors, you’ll adeptly identify investor or strategic multinational motivations to connect them with the right opportunities and showcase the value of propositions.
You will be a credible thought leader in financial services with exceptional relationship, networking, communication, and influencing skills. You can demonstrate your ability to create meaningful and strategic results in the Financial/Investment/Venture Capital/Private Banking sector, and commitment to growing your skillset.
What you will need to be successful: Ō Pūkenga
You will be a thought leader with exceptional relationship, networking, communication, and influencing skills. You’ll be able to identify the ‘right-match’ between investors and New Zealand companies raising capital and be able to build compelling business cases the support UK multinational corporations investing in New Zealand through Greenfield or venture funding deals.
We would also like you to have proven experience in the following areas:
- Strong commercial acumen combined with strategic capability.
- Deep understanding and expertise in the identification of investment opportunities and the investment and corporate finance environment in NZ.
- Have demonstrated experience in Venture Capital, Private Equity, Private Banking, or Investment Banking
- Are well connected with the investment ecosystem in the United Kingdom including UHNW, Family Office, and Fund Managers and you can carry in-depth deal discussions
- Understand the NZ business environment and how UK based investors can best make an impact
- Ability to access key decision makers within business and the market credibility and contacts to “open the right doors”.
- Understand the political framework in which NZTE operates, particularly in relation to FDI.
Why you will love working here: Nau mai ki Te Taurapa Tūhono
The New Zealand Trade and Enterprise Investment team is driven to grow New Zealand through investment. We're a collaborative, fast paced team who enjoy what we do, working hard to grow companies across a diverse range of sectors and deals for the good of New Zealand. We're committed to supporting your learning, development, and career growth with us!
What’s next: Te ara ki tua
Apply now, letting us know how the role appeals to you in your cover letter or in your resume.
For further information please see the job description - Investment Director - Offshore PD
Applications for this role close 9 June 2023.
Please note, you must have the right to work in the United Kingdom to be eligible for this role.
We believe New Zealand is good for the World. New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE) is an equal opportunity employer. At NZTE it is all about our people and we seek diversity of though; we welcome and encourage you to apply regardless of ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, neurodiversity or disability. If we need to make specific accommodations in any part of the interview process, please note this in your application.