Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing
- Broad strategic and tactical marketing role
- Leverage challenger brand advantage
Our client punches above its weight in the New Zealand market. Part of a family owned global business, it has 40 people based in Hamilton and the support of an empowering and global parent. Reporting to the CEO, as the Head of Marketing you will lead a bold and high performing marketing team of two. As a member of the leadership team you will have a voice in shaping wider business strategies and culture. The culture centres on transparent, empowering, agile, accountable and passionate culture and one where everyone cares about the business and contribution beyond your function is not only welcomed but expected. As Head of Marketing you will have an active role in realizing the opportunity to achieve a step change in market share and creating bold steps towards realizing business potential through building the business, brand and product profiles across select categories. This is an opportunity to advance the challenger mindset and engagement with customers and end users through the development and execution of strategic and clever winning plans.
To be successful you will be an outstanding leader and B2B2C marketer with proven achievements from a breadth of industries and organisations including corporate and privately held environments and ideally from a challenger brand. Excellent brand marketing and product management capability, including digital marketing skills and success in driving “sell out” and not just “sell in” is essential. You will demonstrate proven ability to shape up competitive winning strategies and proven ability to move between strategic frameworks and ideas and tactical execution. A proven track record of delivery, ability to think differently and creatively and the ability to unlock brand potential through story telling is essential for success.
In addition to the above you will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- 5 years’ experience in senior marketing roles; merchandising experience is advantageous;
- Strong people leadership skills;
- Proven ability to leverage digital marketing;
- A track record of being able to learn and simplify complexity;
- Breadth of experience across brand marketing and product management;
- Excellent planning, project management and execution skills;
- Relationship management and negotiation skills and strong interpersonal and relationship management capability - internally and externally;
- Proven skills in analytics and budget management;
- Well-developed commercial acumen;
- Competency to deliver long-term strategic initiatives;
- Experience being part of a high performing leadership team; and
- A relevant commercial or marketing tertiary qualification.
If you are a results focused and hands-on leader who is happy to roll up their sleeves and work alongside the team to get things done, you will thrive in our client’s culture.
Please send your Expression of Interest with your CV and cover letter to [email protected]