General Manager Global Marketing
Why this position exists: To own and lead all areas of global marketing, driving marketing activity across all channels, enabling the business to continue to grow and driving revenue by increasing sales through marketing activities.
Partnering closely with regional marketing leads, this role is responsible for the development of the global strategy, across all Value Streams and all channels, including digital and e-commerce.
How it rolls: With high levels of passion for maximizing value for our people, product, and the communities we serve, the role holder is a highly analytical and strategic with creative flair. With a global mindset, customer and people centric leader, a connector, problem definer, opportunity hunter and collaborator, balancing the short- and long-term needs of the business.
Reports to: Global General Manager, Animal Management – Lisbeth Jacobs
Department: Animal Management
Internal: Animal Management leadership team, Manufacturing and Product teams, Value Stream Leaders, extended Marketing team members in market, Marketing leaders globally
External: Marketing associations and research centers, end customers
Travel: Yes (Domestic & International)
Budget Responsibility: Yes
Direct Reports: Initially 5 DR – team structure to be developed
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing Vision and Strategy
- Create a marketing strategy that achieves those profit, product, and growth goals through a range of marketing functions and activities.
- Monitor and have a deep understanding of the competitive landscape including competitive practices, and potential disruptors
- Identify opportunities to grow our current markets, identify and grow adjacent market segments and new geographies
- Develop strategies across all channels, including distribution and resellers, direct B2B, collaborations and partnerships, influencers and social media and ecommerce in conjunction with peers across the AM leadership team.
- Develop the function towards a more strategic and integrated marketing approach, with a growing digital emphasis.
- Continually look for ways to innovate the marketing programs to reach new audiences, meet untapped customer needs and unlock growth - as well as challenging activities that don’t deliver a financial return
- Lead a credible global marketing function that is closely connected to the decentralised regional marketing teams, creating strong relationships and excellence in sharing of knowledge and leveraging global insights and expertise
- Lead, motivate and set standards for all employees within the function to identify opportunities to deliver operational excellence both within the global team and also in the interface with the regional teams.
- Ensure that a customer experience focus is enabled across GAM organisation through the appropriate marketing strategies, tools, methodologies and delivery support provided by the global team.
- Be a ‘Centre of Excellence’ for the GAM value streams and regional marketing teams, creating any required content frameworks and global ‘assets/ content’
- Liaise with the regional teams on their local adaptation of global advertising or promotional campaigns so activities align with the brand standards - balancing best practice ‘global playbook’ delivery while allowing for regional relevance and demonstrating a deep understanding of regional differences.
- Create an aligned ‘Community of Practice’ with the regional teams so that local activities can be shared, learnings gained, allowing regional and/ or the global teams to adopt what is discussed (e.g. standardizing of specific activities across regions, immediate customization/ execution of a viable campaign within another region).
- Establish a strong team of Marketing Value Stream (VS) Leads, who work closely with their respective VS to ensure that all relevant marketing thought leadership is evident throughout the value chain of required activities (i.e. market insights, value proposition creation, product design, market execution support, etc.)
Brand & Customer Champion
- Own and protect all Brand Standards across the wider GAM organisation
- Increase brand awareness globally in conjunction with regional teams
- All marketing activities serve to create brand loyalty and ensure the user experience is enjoyable and successful.
- Design branding and positioning strategies
- Play a key role in the application of Strategyzer framework
- Partner with the regional teams to create a market leading digital experience which in turn will enable an innovative customer experience and create growth into new market segments
- Drive our digital marketing positioning
- Build digital competence and excellence globally
- Develop, lead and nurture a global e-commerce strategy in conjunction with Regional Marketing leaders, supporting and empowering the regions to customize and execute what is required to best meet their local market needs.
Measurement and Insights
- Measure the performance of all activities and campaigns, assess them against goals (ROI, Key Performance Indicators) and adjust strategy activities to achieve them.
- Bridge the gap between insights and marketing initiatives, ensuring all activity is insight led through making fact-based business decisions informed through customer data sets and tracking information
- Provide ongoing reporting, develop actionable insights and a test and learn approach to new initiatives
- Set, monitor and report on team goals
- Manage assigned budget
Team and Culture Guardian
- Foster a ‘curious’ and performance driven culture that encourages a high level of performance and is conducive to innovation and continuous improvement
- Drive collaboration by fostering strong relationships with the value stream and regional teams so that people across GAM create a collective ownership of marketing and customer experience strategies and plans
- Lead across functions and geographic boundaries, orchestrating processes across departments
- The marketing eco system and operating model is continuously refined to remove waste, impediments and create and compelling work environment for our people
- Role model and coach exceptional leadership behaviours, with a focus on demonstrating:
- Enthusiasm and a sense of energy
- Ambition to redefine what is possible
- Customer empathy and championship
- Strategic and commercial acumen
- Outcome focused execution
- Team members understand their role within their team and the mindsets, behaviours, skills, outputs, and outcomes that are expected of them.
- Growth and development plans are co-designed are actively supported
Including any other duties not specified that may be required to complete the role, and as requested by the Reporting Manager.
- A relevant tertiary qualification, MBA or relevant equivalent experience
- Global experience
- Leadership of a marketing function
- Digital & Social media marketing
- Ecommerce marketing
- Leadership across multiple teams, cultures and continents (desirable)
- Exceptional Team player
- Driven and high energy
- Exceptional listener and communicator
- High self-awareness
- Growth mindset
- Strong customer focus
- Structured, strategic thinker
- Proven ability to plan and manage budgets