Corporate Law Associate – EY Law
Mā te kahukura ka rere te manu I With wings a bird will fly
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world.
Kei a koe te mana I The choice is yours
Join EY Law New Zealand and be part of a multinational legal network of more than 3,500 practitioners worldwide that provides legal advice and services in all major business areas, including corporate, commercial, employment and benefits, environmental, intellectual property, financial services, and tax law.
We are seeking a highly skilled professional with a minimum of 2 years' experience in M&A and Banking and Finance to join our esteemed team. EY Law is committed to delivering exceptional client service and providing innovative legal solutions, making this an exciting opportunity for a talented individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic and collaborative environment. You will primarily be responsible for assisting senior team members on corporate law matters. You may also be required to assist with legal work outside those areas as necessary depending on client needs.
At EY Law New Zealand, we foster a collaborative and inclusive workplace culture that values diversity and embraces new ideas. We recognize the importance of work-life balance and provide flexible working arrangements to support our employees' well-being and personal commitments. Our focus on career progression is supplemented by a culture of mentoring and coaching, empowering individuals to reach their full potential.
As our Corporate Law Associate, your key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with advice on the structuring, negotiation and execution of strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A), joint ventures, restructuring, partnerships, capital raising, shareholder agreements, and legal due diligence;
- Assisting with the negotiation and documentation of other complex commercial arrangements, including negotiating commercial contracts;
- Assisting with advice on regulatory compliance, including Overseas Investment regulations;
- Assisting with limited liability company and limited partnership structuring, incorporation / formation and related matters;
- Assisting with advice on corporate governance matters, including director’s duties;
- Conducting in-depth legal research, analyse complex issues, and assist in the provision of strategic advice tailored to address clients' unique needs and objectives;
- Preparing, amending and assisting with the review legal documentation, including contracts, agreements, and corporate policies, ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations;
- Working alongside and collaborating with cross-functional teams, including potentially multiple jurisdictions, to offer comprehensive legal support and drive successful outcomes for our clients;
- Staying up-to-date with evolving corporate law trends, regulations, and industry developments, and actively contributing to knowledge sharing initiatives within the firm, including client facing publications; and
- Ensuring that client on-boarding and engagement processes are completed in line with EY’s policies and procedures.
Ō Pūmanawa I What we’re looking for
Here’s our ‘wish list’ but don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes. We’re interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go.
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor in New Zealand with 2 t0 6 years of post-admission experience in corporate law.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in corporate law, with a deep understanding of mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, corporate governance, and commercial contracts.
- Strong legal drafting, negotiation, and analytical skills, coupled with meticulous attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal
Kuhu mai ki a EY I Come, be a part of EY
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at ey.com/nz/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at ey.com/nz/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at ey.com/nz/diversity-inclusiveness
- Understand how our benefits can support you at ey.com/nz/benefits
Apply now… we’re over 1,000 perspectives in Aotearoa New Zealand and we’re ready to welcome yours.
At EY we take inclusivity seriously, and we’re committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability or long-term health conditions. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at [email protected] or +64 9 300 7044 (option 2). Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential.
Whāia te iti kahurangi I The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.