Chief Financial Officer
- Contribute to both strategic and operational excellence
- Lead and drive through a time of cultural change
- Foster genuine partnerships to unlock strategic opportunities
About the organisation:
New Zealand Police delivers services that ensure communities are safe and feel secure, with less crime, road trauma and fewer victims. Police operates 24 hours a day in a complex environment actively preventing crime and crashes. With around 15,000 staff, we work from community-based police stations and large policing hubs, operate on land, sea and in the air, and respond to over 860,000 emergency calls every year.
About the role:
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive, Corporate Operations, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be an integral part of the Corporate Operations leadership team, responsible for providing strategic financial leadership and ensuring the effective leadership and financial management for New Zealand Police. Leading a diverse strategic investment and operational finance function, the CFO will drive the modernisation of an enabling and front facing service that delivers high-quality financial information and advice to the Executive Leadership team.
A key area of focus will be the growth of culture and enablement within the finance team. A recent realignment of the executive will see the strategic finance function joining the substantive finance team. As such, the CFO will be enabled to structure the team to best meet NZ Police’s requirements with a focus on building the team culture internally during this merger. This will ensure a skilled and values-led leadership environment that supports all staff; building a reputation for Police as an organisation that strongly attracts finance professionals in the market.
The successful candidate will be a proven strategic finance leader, with previous experience in a central government environment. You will be a well-respected and inspiring leader, someone who is comfortable building and nurturing relationships not only at the executive level, but across the organisation and wider sector.
You will be a collaborative, people-focused leader who brings a sharp focus to financial leadership and continuous improvement. As an accomplished professional, you will bring experience of being a leader in high performing finance functions, with a passion and focus on lifting capability and engagement.
To excel in this role, you will bring:
- Have significant senior leadership experience within a large public sector organisation.
- Have proven strategic commercial management and strong business acumen.
- Experience in the uplift/transition of an ERP system.
- Role model the highest standards for professionalism, integrity, ethics, and honesty.
- Have the ability to build effective influencing relationships within a complex enterprise environment.
- Be able to manage ambiguity and business challenges to achieve outcomes.
- Have the ability to drive accountability and delivery through effective working partnerships.
- Have demonstrated experience in building, motivating, and leading an effective financial group providing the business with relevant, reliable business information, accurate accounting systems, timely financial plans/reports, and effective cost management.
- Have a proven ability to initiate and successfully implement change and lead a continuous improvement culture.
If you are a qualified Chartered Accountant and someone who relishes the idea of working for a government agency that makes a tangible and direct impact to communities around New Zealand, then this is your next job!
How to Apply:
To submit your application, please ‘Apply now’. For a confidential discussion please call Dale Gray on 09 913 0172 or Scott King on 04 913 6949. Please note all applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Applications for this role close on Friday 16th June at 12noon.