The Wood Processors & Manufacturers Association of New Zealand (WPMA) is the key representative body for New Zealand’s wood processing and manufacturing sector. Its membership covers a range of organisations from manufacturers of pulp and paper, engineered wood products and sawn lumber to essential service providers to the industry.
The WPMA supports a future where wood supports a thriving zero-carbon economy. It seeks to harness economic, environmental and employment benefits, now and into the future. The organisation’s vision is “to grow our globally-competitive industry based on totally renewable forest products whilst improving the environment and creating jobs in New Zealand”.
The WPMA Board is seeking a visible, engaged Chief Executive with credentials across industry advocacy, strategy, policy, stakeholder management and service provision. The Chief Executive will lead a small Wellington-based team who provides sector leadership and membership support nationally.
To be effective, the WPMA Chief Executive will need to build professional rapport with a wide range of stakeholders including industry leaders, ministers and senior government officials, iwi leaders and regional and local government. The following blend of experience and capability is sought:
- The capacity to lead nationally, while operating from a small office footprint
- Advocacy skills and political savvy, to effectively manage the interface between industry and government
- Ability to work with colleagues to form, promote and position policy
- Strategic agility to lead change, to effectively position the industry for the future
- Ability to foster cohesion and collaboration with and between members
- Capacity to engage and communicate credibly across multiple channels
- A strong communicator who will actively listen, influence, and take a ‘partnering’ approach where appropriate.
Confidential enquiries and applications should be directed to Guy Brew or Fredwyn Kisona at Ichor Leadership Search by 5.00pm on Monday 20 March 2023. Contact us via email at [email protected] or telephone: +64 4 499 8230.