Business Development Representative
ABOUT JOURNEY: Journey is a team of digital specialists based in Auckland, London, India and the Philippines. We create transformational digital experiences that build loyalty, drive sales, and deliver insight. Through a blend of consulting, design and development, we provide clients with strategic digital products, platforms, bespoke software, mobile apps and enterprise websites.
We love what we do, and we do it well. We’ve won many awards for our work over the last few years and have expanded internationally, too – with a studio opening in London to support our clients in EMEA.
We look after each other and have fun together. Our goal is to make Journey the place where you can do the best work of your career and enjoy yourself at the same time.
Embracing, sharing and living our company values is a core part of your position description.
- Learn Why: Learning and knowing the core purpose of everything we do, from our client's customers, their business, through to all of our individual tasks to achieve the goal.
- Be Prepared: Be prepared in everything we do. Respect our clients and each other by preparing before meetings, briefings and communications.
- Never Settle: A constant striving to increase the quality of the work we do, the results we achieve for our clients and the customer journey.
- Be a Radiator: Exude positive energy, even in the face of massive challenges. Be the contagious, inspirational leader - in your own style.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Journey is looking for a Business Development Representative to join our growing London team based in Farringdon.
The role combines research, sales strategy and creative outreach. You’ll be tasked with building and refining a list of target customers, identifying who their key decision makers are and then designing and executing thoughtful, creative outreach campaigns to open up conversations and sales opportunities with them.
Location: Central London, with work-from-home flexibility (part home, part in-office).
Small but growing London team with head office in New Zealand.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Developing and executing outbound lead generation approaches in order to communicate Journey’s value proposition to the market.
- Generating interest in Journey’s services and capabilities; qualifying and nurturing leads that turn into sales opportunities.
- Developing and executing multi-channel 1-to-1 marketing plans through detailed research, stakeholder mapping, and creative, personalised content creation and outreach.
- Supporting other members of the team on first meetings/discovery calls.
- Working closely with Journey’s marketing function to help inform and develop marketing content and execute marketing strategy.
- Maintaining Journey’s CRM system; ensuring that all activities and interactions are captured in a methodical and disciplined way.
- Have 4+ years of proven experience as an SDR, a BDR or will have worked in a similar sales role (such as recruitment or inside sales; a role where you’ve developed a good level of comfort in direct prospecting).
- Be creative in your approach. It’s a busy market, and you’ll need to find new and different ways to reach the right people through different channels, and by using different content and media – from cold calls, through to video messages, emails, messages and mailers.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and be able to articulate Journey’s value proposition through both verbal and written outreach. A high level of written and spoken English is essential.
- Be a self-starter and a ‘Radiator’ – one of Journey’s core values: someone who brings energy and positivity to their work and their team interactions.
- Have high attention-to-detail and be disciplined in your structure and approach.
- Come with a passion for scale-ups and for digital design and technology.
- Be motivated by reaching targets and KPIs.
- A remuneration structure to suit you (e.g. a full salary plus an end-of-year performance-based based; or base plus commission – whatever works best for you!).
- 25 days’ holiday per year.
- Pension, with 3% contribution.
- Flexible working.
- Regular team socials and activities.
- A highly-supportive, people-oriented culture and working environment.
- Being an early part of Journey’s growth journey in EMEA.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
To apply you can visit jobs.journey-digital.com. You can also apply here on KEA.
We will then send you a link to complete a comprehensive online Journey Job Application Form, at which point you will be able to upload your CV and cover letter.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Ritchie, People & Culture Manager, [email protected]