Business Development Manager
Are you passionate about making an impact on our primary industries and communities with science and technology, while improving the environment? Join us as we undertake world-class R&D that is making a real impact in NZ and around the world!
Who we are: Trusted Science and Technology for a Better World
Lincoln Agritech Limited (LAL) is a leading edge, independent research and development (R&D) company established in 1964 with a history of innovation and deployment of our research. Our diverse team of around 90 people include scientists, research engineers, software developers and many other skilled and passionate professionals who support the innovative, purpose-led work we do. We have a proven history in sustainable growth and an ambitious plan to double our impact over the next five years.
Our Business Development and Marketing Team support our research groups to secure contracts with New Zealand and international industry groups, as well as commercial companies. We also play a key role in supporting the company to secure and deliver multi-year MBIE funded science programs that have the potential to positively transform New Zealand’s economy and environment. Our key research areas include:
Sensors and Biotechnology;
Climate change mitigation;
Machine Vision and Artificial Intelligence;
Environmental Science – predominantly fresh water.
If you’re looking for an opportunity that provides variety, a team-based culture, professional development opportunities and is part of a company leading the way in agritech and climate action innovation – this role is for you!
This role will see you:
- Networking and developing strong client and stakeholder relationships to support the achievement of company and project objectives;
- Assisting our research scientists and engineers to secure R&D projects with commercial companies, industry bodies, central and local government agencies;
- Effectively coordinating and supporting internal aspects of research activities from a client perspective, including economic impacts, value proposition research and project management;
- Project managing the development of our international expansion strategy.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience in a Business Development role in agriculture, software, science, technology or Māori business;
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Business, Agriculture, Science, Engineering or similar;.
- Experience working in a science, R&D or agriculture company would be an advantage, as is working knowledge of research funding application processes.
- Experience writing or reviewing technical proposals, requests for proposals or other business reports.
- Proven ability to establish enduring cross-functional working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience with digital business development tools.
We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of Lincoln University. This role will see you working from our head office based on campus at Lincoln, near Christchurch as part of a supportive Business Development and Marketing team with the opportunity to progress and develop across a range of disciplines and sectors.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity. The full position description for this position is available from our careers website - http://www.lincolnagritech.co.nz/about/careers/.
If you’re ready to join us on our next endeavour, apply now and submit your CV and cover letter. Applications close 5pm Sunday 4th December 2022. Applicants may be progressed prior to the closing date, so if you’re interested in this opportunity – Apply Now!
If you wish to discuss this opportunity further, you can contact us on [email protected]